Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 4th

Sunday we went to St. Louis Fair. Unfortunately, it started raining...hard. I had taken the boys to Union Station to wait it out, and also let them have a little educational fun. Maroon 5 was to play at the Fair before the fireworks, so about 45 minutes before they were to start I did a quick Fair Google and found out the man in charge cancelled all Fair Activities for the evening. Super disappointing. At least we got to see Collinsville's firework show, and Greenville's on the drive home.

Monday was a more productive day. I updated my kitchen pegboard setup. I'm liking it a lot right now. We'll see, after my new kitchen table is done, whether it all flows together. I have a couple pictures to upload, and I'll post a picture.

We ended up going to Grandma's and PawPaw's last night. I dug through their garage, looking for leftover fireworks. Last year, I "border jumped" when I went firework shopping, and splurged! I'd never been in a firework warehouse before. Needless to say, we barely set off half of what I'd purchased last year, and we boxed up and saved the rest for this year.

Easily we could have added some character to my parents yard. How many people have their own backyard crater? Mom didn't see it that way.

We set off a few bottle rockets, and gave the kids Sparklers. Michael kept trying to bring us the "big ones" to set off before the sun was down all the way. Little Andrew would barely hold a sparkler without whimpering.

Andrew had to go inside with Grandma before we started the big ones. We did a fountain firework, and he started screaming. Poor little guy. :-( I didn't think either of my boys would be scared of fireworks.

After everything was done, I asked if he had fun. He nodded and said "Yup!". I asked if he wanted to go outside and do some big fireworks, and he shook his head no, scooted off my lap and ran to the other room.

Safe to say that next year, maybe we should stick to sparklers only...

No comments:

Post a Comment