Saturday, July 2, 2011

Planned Projects


This morning I woke up super early. I probably don't even have time to really post this, but I want to make sure I have my ideas written down. I have 3 projects planned for the next week (yes, I said week).

First off, I am in the process of making shelves for my living room, 2 bedrooms, and bathroom. The living room shelves are almost finished. They are the more difficult and design worthy, so I'm glad I'm doing those first. I got all the wood from Menards on clearance a few months ago, and this afternoon I will start assembling and painting.

Next I am making my own kitchen table. I plan on moving within the next couple years, so I am worried about how difficult it would be to move a large table. After Googling for the good part of the morning, I found the perfect design.The one I am imagining will have some awesome tiling, but will also be a separate piece from the legs! I stole the base design of a super sturdy table I found on www.motherearthnews.com/. Definitely a plus since I have two wild boys running around the house!

Lastly on my project list is something a bit odd for the diy realm. I'm a crafter, and I have been shopping around for a Skeim Winder to put my yarn on so it is free flowing and with absolutely no resistance when I need it. This is what a Skeim Winder is:




Everything I'm finding (that I like) costs $90 on up! I also have the perfect idea for one. All the ones I find are either plain wood or stained. I plan on painting & sealing mine. My only hick-up is figuring out how to make the center rotate, without the arms collapsing onto each other, and attaching to the stand. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Now off to our busy, "Soccer Mom" morning of T-Ball and violin lessons, and then on to the projects. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment