Sunday, July 3, 2011

Update

I was in Oakland yesterday and decided to stop by the furniture store. They carry tile and I thought I could price check there first. Amazingly, he said he could probably just give me a bunch of sample tiles for cheap, since no body in Oakland ever buys ceramic tiles from him! He called the manufacturer and found out what samples they didn't carry anymore, and let me have the 12x12 and 13x13 samples for $10. I walked away with probably 16 tiles to choose from. :-)

Instead of making my own table legs, I started hunting for already made ones. The local shops wanted way too much. Almost $20 per leg! This morning I did an on-line hunt and on Amazon I found raw table legs for $7 each.

So far my cost estimation:
* Legs => $34.15 (shipping)
* Tile => $.63 p/ Tile (I may only use 3)

Total of $36.04

Lowes has a sale on lumber right now, plus an additional 15% off Military Discount. Menards also has a sale for spray paints, at $2.99 a can. I will need 2 cans of Primer, 2 cans of Black Gloss, and 2 cans of sealer (my brain jumbled and I can't remember the right name of the product).

Paint: $18 before tax and possible additional discounts.

That will not be my final paint costs, however. I have yet to price check the sale price with other places. After all, the whole point to me building my kitchen table is to save loads of mualah! Plus, I think this is fun! :-)

well, now it is time to leave. Finally everybody is done in the restroom and running around getting ready. Time for some St. Louis fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment