Saturday, July 16, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!

A little bit of bad news this week. Drew broke his elbow on Monday by jumping off the sofa and landing onto a hard plastic nerf gun. He walked around in a soft cast all week, and today they stuck him in a hard one. He is so funny, though! I joked with my cousin that he sky dived off the sofa, and his parachute failed. He must have thought it was funny, because now everytime a complete stranger asks how he broke his arm, he responds "Sky Diving!" I've spent all day getting mixtures of awkard, confused looks and dirty glares from people that don't get our joke. Bless his little heart.


I have gotten so much done this week, and still more to go! My bed is put together, the boys bunk bed is put together, 3 shelves, another pegboard for my bedroom "Craft/Sewing Station", and I also have everything needed to make my Skein Winder. Now if only I can decide on the design for my Skein Winder, and I will actually be able to assemble.

Andrew's Bed

Michael and Andrew's bed together!

The parts to my skein winder

Patriotic Wall un-painted shelf.



With one shelf I ran into some problems. I tried to short cut the painting process, which I should have known would run me into problems. On one of my living room walls, I have a little Patriotic Theme. This shelf was supposed to be white, with red crackled over it. Either my crackle is too old, or spray paint cannot be applied after coating crackle on with a sponge. I changed my design around a little, found spray on crackle and I will see if it matches my theme sometime tomorrow.

My floating shelf ran into problems, too. But nothing major. I mis-calculated 2 measurements, by not accounting for the width of one board. No biggie though. I just had to use the circular saw and cut off an inch from the two smaller side boards. Tomorrow I will remeasure the support board and possibly re-cut that also. Tomorrow I will also finish assembling and paint it.

After these three items are done, then it is time to start on my kitchen table. Sooo excited! My table legs arrived, and instead of doing a mosaic center, Hobby Lobby has large-"ish" stain glass pieces which I can theme into the center. 5 bucks a glass though!

Those tiles I picked up I have in mind for another project. But I have so many things going on at the moment, I cannot start another single probject until I get what I'm working on completed.

Like I said, pictures to come in the AM. My cell phone is soooo slow about sending e-mails. Especially picture mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment