Friday, July 22, 2011

Homemade Goo Be Gone

This morning I was cleaning some stainless steel appliances off, and I realized my kids had stuck stickers on the fridge. The adhesive wouldn't come off, and I was out of Goo Be Gone. Plus, that stuff is a little expensive for tethe amount you get.

I looked in my little homemaker book and found a recipe for making my own, which is the same one my grandmother used.

What you need:
Gasoline
4 Orange Rinds

Put the rinds in a gallon of water. Seal it up and let it sit for about a week or so. Strain it, and the water should now be Citrus Oil.

Take 3 parts oil, and 1 part gasoline and fill up a spray bottle. You can dilute if you wish, but my grandmother never did. Spray directly onto your "goo", wait a couple minutes, and wipe (or scrub) away.

No comments:

Post a Comment